Saturday, January 17, 2009

Me v Sports

As many of you know, I'm not a big sports fanatic. I grew up in a family that really didn't pay much attention to sports like basketball,or soccer...my kids have been playing since they were 4 I still can't understand "off-sides". Football and baseball were watched on Sundays at my grandmother's house, but I had no interest (except for the Mets during the late 80's when the team players were coming to the Paramus Park Mall for autographs and photo ops.)

Anyway, my point is, now that Paul is away I will be taking the kids to their games...NOT understanding the majority of the rules! Today for instance, my oldest son, Paul, had a basketball game. The team is great, the coaches are awesome, the refs...seem nice. There are just too many rules in basketball!

I was glad to see that some of the kids are still learning the rules too. (There's still hope for them!) Young Paul was fouled (I assume), and he had to make 2 foul shots. Although he didn't get them in, (close, the ball bounced off the rim), I was so proud to see him attempt it with a classic style...2 dribbles first, then set it up for the swish...maybe next time.

No comments: