Friday, January 23, 2009

Do Something!!

So your spouse is deployed...big deal, do something! This is a great time to start the new year off right. I know, everyone is busy with kids, households to upkeep, etc., but it's just as important to take time for yourself. Everyone gets so wallowed down in the deployment it's possible to forget about you. Here are a few examples of what I mean.

1. Start a new fitness routine. Nothing says, "I've missed you" like seeing his jaw drop to the floor when he sees you for the first time.

2. Take up a new hobby, knitting anyone?

3. Organize those photos...this is not one of my fortes, but it still needs to be done.

4. Paint a room or refinish a piece of furniture, I may actually work on the dining room this time.

5. Take a class...so many are available online!

6. Get together with peers. Adult conversation does wonders for the mind!

No comments: