Monday, March 23, 2009

Never Ending...

I think we are at day 66 or 67. My sister-in-law is keeping track for me. The amount of time ahead of us seems daunting. I still feel like he may burst through the door at any moment wanting to know what's for dinner, how our day went, what bills came in the mail etc., but I know he's not. We talk or web cam almost everyday. He calls me when he gets to the office to check-in and I wait up for his call, every night at about 23:00.

I know his time away from us is finite, but think about it. (The labor and delivery nurse comes out in me), in the amount of time that Paul is gone, a person can be conceived grow to full-term and be delivered. The mom can loose all of the pregnancy weight, establish breastfeeding and potentially get that new person to sleep through the night.

All in a year. I miss him.

1 comment:

One Maid A' Milking said...

Every day is one day closer to the best homecoming ever....hang in there, chica.