Saturday, March 14, 2009

Auction...

Last night I had the opportunity to attend the Officer's Spouses Club annual auction. It was the best time I've had since before Paul left! It was a combined silient and live auction and wine tasting...yum!

It was cut-throat! Towards the end of the bidding for the silent portion a young gal, who we'll just describe as "fake red", decided to be in competition with me, with me...what the heck was she thinking?! I'd write my bid down, and she'd write hers. This went on for a while and as I started to hover over my claim, she started to tell me that her husband needed this because he had a bad week, his whole office was fired and he deserved it. Well, in true Kathy Bates style I said, "My husband is in Iraq and needs it more"...I also threw in "I'm older and I have more insurance". So now the countdown to end the bidding starts, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, she scribbled her bid once more, 4, 3, I grabbed the pen out of her hand and wrote mine right under hers, 2, 1. I won. Woo-Hoo! I almost had to use my new and improved crossfit muscles to take her down. My heart was beating so fast, I didn't know I had it in me!

Now, I can't say what I won, because I want for it to be a little surprise for Paul, so after he gets it I'll reveal the prize.

No comments: