Monday, February 23, 2009

The Weekend...


For those who didn't know, I travelled to NJ this weekend for my cousin, Matilda Quintero's, memorial service. I dropped the younger children at my in-laws in Virginia and headed up to NJ with the older children on Friday. The service was Saturday. I had never been to anything quite like it before. I of course, had gone to wakes and funerals, but this was different, a celebration of her life...it was beautiful. There were probably 250+ people in attendance. She had touched all of our lives in someway or another.

Her absence has left a cavernous void within my family. She had a robust personality, an unmatched sense of humor and a passion for life and love of her family (she was a 13 year breast cancer survivor). She is missed. I know Heaven will never be the same and it is a better place with her in it!

No comments: