Friday, February 27, 2009

Good News Bad News...

True to deployment form, yesterday I found out that I've had a broken sprinkler pipe for the better part of February. I've had "some" water in the back yard that hasn't gone away for a few weeks. I confess, I didn't really pay much attention to it, but it had rained quite a bit...except for this last week. Our landscaper confirmed the broken pipe, and shut off the water to the sprinklers.

I then called the utility company to see if and how the water bill was doing. Well...lets put it this way, during the peak of summer when sprinklers are going every other day, we are filling up baby pools, watering plants and playing with hoses and taking 10 showers/day our water consumption is 22,000 gallons. This month our water consumption is 46,000 gallons!!!! (I could have made a lake...I feel so wasteful).

The good news is after I have the pipe repaired on Monday, New Bern Utilities will adjust the bill!

Again I say...bring it on!

No comments: