Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Confessions of a Carb-aholic

As many of you know, I've been trying to get into better shape and drop a few pounds, nothing drastic. Since Paul has been gone I've been extremely well behaved and have been following "old faithful" aka Weight Watchers. I've been toying with the same 3 lbs for the past month and nothing is happening. I drop three one week and it pops up the next.

I've been working out daily. I have a membership to the YMCA and I'm also a substitute fitness instructor, as well as, newly certified to teach Spinning. I've been working out with a Crossfit program almost daily and running, walking, you name it I've kind of got my hand in it. The only difference that I am noticing is that my pants are becoming too tight in the quadriceps area. Thighs ladies, thighs.

Last night I spoke with one of my Crossfit friends, Jeanne. After commending me on my starting the program, I told her my concerns...(thighs), I don't want to look like a speed skater! She said my legs are changing and I should have patience and to measure them. So I am and I did. She also asked about carbs...this is what got me interested...I need carbs!!!!

Nothing makes me happier than bread, pasta, and starch! Jeanne also said I should limit my carbs to less than 30 per meal! So that rules out cereal for breakfast, low fat ego waffles, crunchies in my lunchtime yogurt and most everything at dinner. I'm doomed!

I'll give it a couple of weeks and report back to you!

No comments: