Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm in Love...with a German!

For the last several weeks I've been researching and shopping for a "new" car for Paul. He'll be returning in a matter of WEEKS! We sold his old car last winter before he left for Iraq, and I don't like to share!

After much deliberation, we ruled out a German make. They're expensive to repair,buy American, blah, blah, blah. I had narrowed our choices down to a 2007 Jeep Compass and a 2006 Ford Fusion. I went today to drive them both. The Compass was first on our list, Paul has a "thing" for Jeep. It was a 5 speed manual transmission, 4x4 and the only nice thing about it was the power windows. It felt very cramped, the 4 cylinder engine was nothing to brag about and it had an odor...yuck. The Fusion was a bit nicer, an amazing difference in the engine...this was a V-6. There were more amenities, but it had 50,000 miles on it and frankly, it felt like my grandpa's car.

As I was about to leave the dealership, the salesman said he had another vehicle in our price range. A BMW 325i. Yes, it's a bit older, a 2002. But...it had only 34,000 miles, it's loaded, and it handled like nothing I've ever driven before. I was seduced immediately...those pesky Europeans...I tried to play hard to get! I negotiated, haggled, (I went home and did some more research), and got the price where I wanted it. I'm leaving to pick it up in a few minutes!

No comments: