Friday, July 17, 2009

Overnight Guest(s)...

Since Paul's departure on Monday, a certain someone has moved into my bed...Drew. It was fine at first, "just for tonight", I told him. But after 4 nights I've kind of had it, and here's why. Last night he brought company to bed with US. A teddy bear, a book about bugs, a hard plastic happy meal dinosaur that he's grown far too attached to, and last but not least, a 4 foot rattlesnake (stuffed animal of course), complete with a rattling tail.

Yep, I bet you can guess my dreams were something out of a scary science-fiction movie that my husband would try to drag me to see...to include a large mutant teddy bear and T-Rex hunting me. Finally, at 3:00 a.m. I woke mid-nightmare, startled by a large snake attacking me. I was soothed knowing it was just the stuffed snake being thrown onto me by my co-sleeper.

Yes, I'm sleeping solo tonight baby! Just me, by myself, without kids.

No comments: