Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another Milestone...

Today, after absolutely no sleep from working last night, I took my oldest son, Paul to his final swim meet of the season. This was the thrid day in a row of standing in the hot sun, yelling at a team that can't really hear anything 'cause they're underwater! It was the 11 and older group, jeez, some of these kids actually had hair under their arms! Anyway, Paul's relay team placed second twice and many came home with medals, including Paul! However, I am officially fried!

After we arrived home we had to get ready for Paul to leave for camp. It's the first time he's at a sleep away camp...for an entire week! When we got to camp, I helped him unpack a little, and helped him place the 2 electric clip-on fans around the top bunk, where he's going to be sleeping. We met his cabin mates and counselor, (they seemed nice), and then I started getting "the eye" that it was time for me to leave. I gave him a big, juicy kiss on the cheek, and a hug and turned around and left.

What am I going to do without my TWO Paul's???

1 comment:

Babbling Brooke said...

I am thinking of you this week Julie! I am very proud of your swimming kids! Ah, the hot summer swim meet Saturdays. Joy, joy!